React JS Developer
Salary dependant upon experience at or above market rates
Note to recruitment agencies: we will not be using a recruitment agency to fill this role. Please refrain from getting in touch if you represent a recruitment agency.
We are a legal technology startup currently housed within one of the world’s most prestigious law firms. We develop technology that reinvents the way lawyers work, increasing their operational efficiency by automating and structuring legal tasks. We provide beautiful user interfaces to lawyers and their clients to give them great insight into the status of their legal transactions. The work is technologically exciting, challenging and frequently changing.
On the technology side we are moving from an old technology stack of Drupal and jQuery to a new stack using React JS and likely node.js. We make extensive use of Amazon Web Services, including S3 and lambda functions. Examples of software we have created include our core legal content management system, custom PHP and jQuery for analysing and extracting information from Word documents, a serverless (AWS Lambda functions) word document analysis microservice and custom encryption key providers that run on EC2 instances. We push the boundaries of the technology we work with and develop quickly, making our projects exciting for developers to work on.
You would be working closely with the company's lead web developer and the company founder, an ex-lawyer turned PHP programmer. The work would include redeveloping the current front end of the site (currently in jQuery) into a React component and ultimately into a single page React application.
- A passion for your work and for working in rapidly expanding company.
- The ability to take ownership of tasks, manage external developers and lead them to successful conclusion.
- Logical and creative thinking to solve difficult technical problems.
- Strong React JS skills.
- A good understanding of RESTful APIs and decoupled front/back end sites.
- Ability to use the Git version control system.
- Understanding of writing secure code.
Additional beneficial experience includes
- Experience in a front end CSS framework such as LESS or SASS.
- An ability to communicate technical ideas well, including over video conferences.
- Experience of architecting complex data structures.
- A passion for writing clear, maintainable and standards compliant code.
Location of work
We currently have an office in Lutsk, where you could be located. Otherwise we are willing to consider other locations in Ukraine.
How to apply
Please note we are currently only looking for developers in Ukraine. Please provide a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.