Business Development Associate - London
Note to recruitment agencies: thank you for your interest but we will not be using a recruitment agency to fill this role.
Competitive remuneration package based upon experience.
Legatics is a fast-growing London-based legal technology company. Legatics was formed by former transactional lawyers and provides law firms with an online deal platform to improve the efficiency and client experience of legal transactions. The Legatics platform transforms traditional legal processes into simple and highly automated software that frees lawyers of administrative tasks. Customers include some of the world’s largest law firms, such as Allen & Overy and Herbert Smith Freehills.
The latest version of Legatics was released in September 2017 and is now being used on live transactions in more than 10 countries. We are growing the team to service our existing and upcoming customers as adoption continues to increase.
Legatics has been featured in several publications including Forbes, Legal Business, Legal IT Insider, Artificial Lawyer and Butterworth Journal of International Banking and Finance Law.
Legatics is looking for a high-performing business development associate to work closely with our head of business development to initiate and develop qualified sales leads and arrange software demonstrations for the Legatics business development team. You will be the first point of contact for potential customer relationships. Your personal presentation skills, follow up and integrity are critical to properly reflect our brand.
You thrive on the challenge of building relationships with potential customers. You listen to your potential customers and help the Legatics team to develop the product by sharing what you learn.
You must be comfortable with technology and speaking to senior legal staff, including law firm partners, about how technology can impact the way they work.
- Building the pipeline, qualifying leads and converting those leads to marketing qualified opportunities.
- Qualifying inbound sales leads and turning them into potential opportunities.
- Contacting potential customers and identifying key decision makers.
- Maintaining accurate accounts, opportunities and contact information in our CRM system, delivering reports to management and providing the feedback you have gained from talking to prospects.
- Assisting the development of marketing materials including white papers, presentation decks and other marketing collateral.
- Undergraduate college degree in a relevant field.
- 2+ years of legal practice experience, with a preference for legal transactional experience.
- Experience working with law firms.
- Be comfortable with technology and curious to learn more.
- Be capable of speaking intelligently to senior law firm staff, including partners.
- Have high standards of integrity and trust.
- Be self-motivated and able to manage projects successfully without oversight.
- Strong communication, listening, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with CRM and support software systems.
- Experience in selling technology products, preferably SaaS, is a plus.
We are looking for passion for the vision of transforming legal transactions, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn over specific experience. You should be a self-starter who thrives in an early-stage environment where everybody is learning and continuing to adapt processes from experiences gained.
Team culture is important to us at Legatics. We are a small but high functioning team and believe that people do their best work when they are happy. Finding someone who is the ‘right fit’ is of critical importance to us and we are looking for someone who is excited to join us as a key employee at this important stage in our growth.
For your role, you will receive a competitive remuneration package based on your experience.
Location of work
How to apply
Please provide your CV with a short paragraph explaining your motivations for applying and why you think you would be a good fit to email@example.com with the subject line "Business Development Associate - London".